... I saw clearly then
that the point of no return is the starting point;
if you can go back, you have not yet begun.

Jack Haas

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mailing Address In Bolivia

Ok, I know it's been a long time coming, but I think I have finally figured out how to receive mail while on the road. So, if there are any among you who would like to send me something while I still have a few months time remaining in my travels, then I would happily encourage you to do so, preferably as soon as possible, so as to afford it plenty of time to get down here.

It is important that all mail be labelled in exactly the following way; all uppercase letters, with first and last names underlined:

MR. JOSEPH FRIGAULT
c/o LISTA DE CORREOS
LA PAZ / BOLIVIA

Apparently, mail made out in this way will find it's way to the main post office in whatever city/country in South America. At this point, I figure I'm about far enough away from Bolivia that anything mailed relatively soon should be there waiting for me by the time I arrive in La Paz, hopefully around mid to late July. I am told it will be held for a number of months if for some reason I am tardy. I think the bigger issue, however, is getting mail all the way down here on time, so again, the sooner you send, the better.

I want to stress that I will understand if you'd rather hold on to your mail until I return to Canada in the fall. However, if for some reason it can't wait, or if you just want to have a crack at putting something in my hands from half-way across the world - not everyday you get a chance to do something like that, afterall - I'd surely appreciate it! A short note, hunk of grass, Kinder Surprise, I don't care what, really. I'd just be stoked to walk into the main post office in La Paz and find something.

I only ask that you please let me know if you're sending anything - as a comment on this post, or whatever - so that I'll be aware of what to expect when I get to La Paz, and will know if anything is missing.

I want to thank those of you who have been asking about this for your patience, and look forward to receiving whatever may come my way. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment